Advecta Ultra Flea & Tick Protection for Dogs
Advecta Ultra® Flea & Tick Protection for Dogs contains the same active ingredients as K9 Advantix® for Dogs*. This fast-acting, long-lasting, waterproof formula kills and repels fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes – all while breaking the flea lifecycle by killing flea eggs, flea larvae, and chewing lice for up to 30 days.
*Advecta® Ultra is not manufactured by or distributed by Bayer. K9 Advantix® II is a registered trademark of Bayer Healthcare, LLC.
Advecta flea treatment and prevention for dogs and cats is effective at eliminating and controlling pests in your house and on your pets. While we certainly believe that Advecta offers the best bang for your buck when it comes to dog and cat flea treatment, we can be a little biased. That’s why we invite you to read what our customer are saying about Advecta. Not only are they happy, in many cases Advecta has exceeded their flea elimination expectations. Read below!
Directions for Use: It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
How to Open:
- Tear through perforation
- Fold back the safety tab
- Cut with scissors to open applicator Repeat steps 1 to 3 for each applicator.
How to Apply for Dogs:
- Prepare applicator as shown in “How to Open.”
- For 3–10 lbs and 11-20 lbs: Apply the entire contents of the applicator to one spot on the dog as described: Part the hair on the dog back between the shoulder blades until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the applicator on the skin and gently squeeze to apply all the contents to the skin. Carefully avoid allowing the product to run off the side of the dog. Keep solution out of your dog’s eyes and do not allow your dog to ingest this product.
- For 21–55 lbs and over 55 lbs: apply the entire contents of the applicator evenly to three or four spots on the top of the back of the dog from the should to the base of the tail.
- At each application site part the hair of the dog until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the applicator on the skin and gently squeeze to apply the solution on the skin. Do not apply an amount of solution at any one spot that could cause some of the solution to run off the side of the dog. Keep the solution out of your dog’s eyes and do not allow your dog to ingest this product.
- Discard empty applicator and packaging as described in the Store and Disposal section.
Hazards to Humans:
Causes substantial but temporary eye injury. Do not get in eyes or on skin or clothing. Harmful if swallowed. Harmful if absorbed through skin. Avoid contact with skin. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
Hazards to Domestic Animals:
FOR EXTERNAL USE ON DOGS ONLY: Do not use on animals other than dogs. Do not use on puppies under seven weeks of age or weighing less than the recommended weight range. Do not get this product in dog’s eyes or mouth. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on medicated, debilitated, aged, pregnant, or nursing animals. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using ANY pesticide product for dogs. If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. If your animal is on medication, consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product.
This pesticide is extremely toxic to aquatic organisms, including fish and invertebrates. Do not add directly to water. Do not contaminate water when disposing of product or packaging.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. What are the benefits of using this product?
A. This specially formulated fast-acting, long-lasting, easy to use waterproof flea, tick, mosquitoes, and chewing lice squeeze on topical treatment kills adult fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, and chewing lice on contact, no biting required plus repels these pesky pets for up to 30 days.
Q. How long will it take for this product to begin to work?
A. The product should begin to kill fleas within 24-48 hours but may take up to 72 hours to reach its full effectiveness.
Q. What is the difference between this product and oral flea products?
A. This product is applied to your pet topically and kills fleas through contact with the product on your pet’s skin, so fleas don’t have to bite to die. With oral flea medications, fleas must bite your furry family member and be exposed to the medication in the pet before the fleas are killed.
Q. How do these products spread over a pet’s body? How long does this take?
A. This product is topical only and is dispersed over your furry family member’s body by the natural oils on their skin and attaches to the hair follicle. This process can take up to 24 hours.
Q. How does this product work?
A. This product contains three active ingredients: imidacloprid which attacks the flea’s nervous system, paralyzing and ultimately killing them, permethrin, another ingredient that attacks the flea’s nervous system plus pyriproxyfen, an insect growth regulator (IGR) that prevents flea eggs and larvae from maturing into adults. This combination plays a crucial role in existing infestations because: you might only be aware of adult fleas which represent around 5% of a full infestation plus immature flea life stages (flea eggs, larvae and pupae) that exist in your environment make up the rest of the infestation are almost invisible to the naked eye.